Physical Changes During the Fourth Trimester
Duration: 1 Hour
Group Session: $100 USD
One-on-One Session: $200 USD
This class is suitable for any pregnant women and new moms who would like to know more about how to start their post-natal rehabilitation and what to expect.
Trista Chan and Jenny Fielding are Women’s Health Physiotherapists and have worked for many years with women in their post-natal healing journeys.
They will help you understand everything you need to know about your pelvic floor, core and how to return to exercise safely including when it’s safe to run.
This class will cover the key things you need to know for your physical post-natal journey. It will discuss and provide advice on the first few days (including our top tips for your first poop (!)), how to safely move around and when and how to get started with exercise!
The class will also touch on what the 6-week doctor check includes, why we recommend a Women’s health physio post-natal check and when you can return to running.
You will discover:
- An explanation on what to expect immediately post birth
- The changes in your body in weeks 0-6
- Tips for the management of your pelvic floor and / or c-section rehabilitation in the early weeks
- Exercises you CAN do in the early weeks
- What you can start to do and how
- What 6 week medical check means and why it isn't an 'all clear' for exercise
- The role of a Women’s Health Physio at the 6 week check
- How to progress your exercise weeks 6-12
- Return to running do's and don’t
The sessions can fill up quick, so if you do not find a spot, or the times available do not work for you, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work together to find a solution for you.