From Lovers to Parents, and Back
Group Session: $130 USD
One-on-One Session: $230 USD
For centuries, marriage and relationships have been geared towards joining forces to ensure survival of the offspring and only in the first half of the last century, have we started to expect love, support, connection and intimacy from our life partners.
When we switched from procreation to recreation, we have in fact reinvented romantic relationships.
Beyond the desire to have children together, we now expect our life partner to be there for us, hear us, ‘get’ us, love and support us and provide all the validation and appreciation we require.
The ‘us against the world’ approach. The success of this approach depends a lot on our ability to create and maintain a deep level of emotional, intellectual and physical intimacy that can stand the test of time.
Mother Nature has given us a head start by ensuring love begins with lust and attraction that create chemistry and therefore connection in the early days of a relationship.
And then, a child is born.
Most couples in trouble can trace back the beginning of all their relationship issues to that moment when two became three (or, four, then five or more)….They identify the birth of the child with the transformation from Lovers to Parents. Some find a way to balance the two. Most end up suffering a major identity crisis and become disconnected, lonely and deeply unhappy with who they have become.
This Intimacy and Connection class is designed to help you navigate the disruptive shifts in couple’s dynamics brought on by pregnancy and children and offer practical tips and strategies to rediscover or recreate your very own personal Lover’s Bubble.
This class is for you if:
- You are in the process of welcoming a baby into your life
- You have been in a committed relationship with your partner for more than 3 years
- You have recently given birth and are struggling to adjust to the reality of being a mother and a woman at the same time
- You feel lost and disconnected from your partner who ‘doesn’t get what you are going thru’
- You feel everything has changed between you and your partner and don’t know how to deal with it
- You struggle with going back to regular sex and feel you no longer ‘click’ physically and emotionally